Endless Origins
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Support forum for Endless Origins.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» i have problem with my class
In with the new, Out with the old? - Poll EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 11:08 am by dxrko

» Can't Make a Character or Play
In with the new, Out with the old? - Poll EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 6:36 pm by ShadowMaiden

» My character is fucked up because of shitty ass maps
In with the new, Out with the old? - Poll EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 7:44 pm by lockheed

» something wrong with jmillie
In with the new, Out with the old? - Poll EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 7:24 pm by lockheed

» a complaint
In with the new, Out with the old? - Poll EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 7:21 pm by lockheed

» Admin/Mapper
In with the new, Out with the old? - Poll EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 1:02 am by saradom

» Endless Origins Links
In with the new, Out with the old? - Poll EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 12:25 pm by insomniac

» NEW FORUMS!
In with the new, Out with the old? - Poll EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 9:02 am by lockheed

» Zomfig was ddosing /crashing server
In with the new, Out with the old? - Poll EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 12:09 am by insomniac

In with the new, Out with the old? - Poll

Go down 
4 posters

In or Out
In
In with the new, Out with the old? - Poll Vote_lcap67%In with the new, Out with the old? - Poll Vote_rcap
 67% [ 4 ]
Out
In with the new, Out with the old? - Poll Vote_lcap33%In with the new, Out with the old? - Poll Vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Whitewolf
Admin
Whitewolf

Character sheet
Bar:
In with the new, Out with the old? - Poll Left_bar_bleue1/1In with the new, Out with the old? - Poll Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

In with the new, Out with the old? - Poll Empty
PostSubject: In with the new, Out with the old? - Poll   In with the new, Out with the old? - Poll EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 1:00 am

Well It's come to my attention that the original eo maps are pretty boring. It's a bit less motivating to work with too. I'd myself rather make new ones but that would require alot of work. Which I'd have to run the server on my end for testing while Insomniac continues to host. So what about it my awesome players? Old maps, In or Out?

Last edited by Whitewolf on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://endless-origins.forumotion.com
Davie

Davie

Character sheet
Bar:
In with the new, Out with the old? - Poll Left_bar_bleue1/1In with the new, Out with the old? - Poll Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

PostSubject: Re: In with the new, Out with the old? - Poll   In with the new, Out with the old? - Poll EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 6:59 am

Being an old player, I've fallen in love with the old maps, but that said, they do have the tendency to become an eye sore.
The only parts I think could use a remodel are the main towns. They all look the same just a different place setting of buildings.. If you do change the main towns, like Aeven, I would try and keep the shops in the same position that their building was in before so that newbies will know where to find items. But! Then again, you could just put signs in front of them, rather it be the click-and-read signs or the picture ones.
In conclusion I think you should update some of the main maps, but try to keep some of the old maps, like arena, to give something for oldies to relate to.
Wink
Back to top Go down
Believe

PostSubject: Re: In with the new, Out with the old? - Poll   In with the new, Out with the old? - Poll EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 10:28 am

Davie wrote:
Being an old player, I've fallen in love with the old maps, but that said, they do have the tendency to become an eye sore.
The only parts I think could use a remodel are the main towns. They all look the same just a different place setting of buildings.. If you do change the main towns, like Aeven, I would try and keep the shops in the same position that their building was in before so that newbies will know where to find items. But! Then again, you could just put signs in front of them, rather it be the click-and-read signs or the picture ones.
In conclusion I think you should update some of the main maps, but try to keep some of the old maps, like arena, to give something for oldies to relate to.
Wink

I agree, I am so used to the old maps, but we can use a change in main towns,
Maybe hell can be a little different, I've seen the same "hell" forever. Some of the maps can use a little more detail, Like Aeven. It's a bunch of roads and houses, it can use a waterfall, since it's the main town, or something you know?
Back to top Go down
Ilucea

Ilucea

PostSubject: Re: In with the new, Out with the old? - Poll   In with the new, Out with the old? - Poll EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 10:12 am

If it were up to me I would suggest some more NPC's and monsters to train on, or at least make some more tough NPC's to fight..knowing that this is alot of work and is very time consuming, this is not the least of my worries..however once you get to a certain level most if not all NPC's are getting boring to fight because they are too easy. As for the maps i agree with Believe and i feel that we should do some SLIGHT remodeling with areas such as 'Hell', Aeven, Halowdale and all other high traffic areas. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In with the new, Out with the old? - Poll   In with the new, Out with the old? - Poll Empty

Back to top Go down

In with the new, Out with the old? - Poll
Page 1 of 1