Endless Origins
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Support forum for Endless Origins.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Latest topics
» i have problem with my class
Starter parks, lower prices, more training spots? EmptySun Nov 06, 2011 11:08 am by dxrko

» Can't Make a Character or Play
Starter parks, lower prices, more training spots? EmptySun Oct 30, 2011 6:36 pm by ShadowMaiden

» My character is fucked up because of shitty ass maps
Starter parks, lower prices, more training spots? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 7:44 pm by lockheed

» something wrong with jmillie
Starter parks, lower prices, more training spots? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 7:24 pm by lockheed

» a complaint
Starter parks, lower prices, more training spots? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 7:21 pm by lockheed

» Admin/Mapper
Starter parks, lower prices, more training spots? EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 1:02 am by saradom

» Endless Origins Links
Starter parks, lower prices, more training spots? EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 12:25 pm by insomniac

» NEW FORUMS!
Starter parks, lower prices, more training spots? EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 9:02 am by lockheed

» Zomfig was ddosing /crashing server
Starter parks, lower prices, more training spots? EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 12:09 am by insomniac

Starter parks, lower prices, more training spots?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NeoPlant

NeoPlant

Character sheet
Bar:
Starter parks, lower prices, more training spots? Left_bar_bleue1/1Starter parks, lower prices, more training spots? Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Starter parks, lower prices, more training spots? Empty
PostSubject: Starter parks, lower prices, more training spots?   Starter parks, lower prices, more training spots? EmptySun Jun 05, 2011 11:15 pm

Basicly, the main problems new players have is finding armor and decent weaponry. Why I know a shop sells them, the price 500g for armor and 1000g for a weapon doesnt seem fair.. Especially since alot of them dont have anything at all. While I know fishing is in effect for money, the spear cost 1000g also. Im not asking "Give them oron!." But maybe something small like Dracos or Dracotas.. Or even just something like battle plates. People look down on begging and ignore them, when the servers new and we need players.. Enemies also hit high and it makes them hard to kill.
Another nice thing to add would be lowering the prices of NPC shops like the Aeven Armor shop and such.. Especially since you can easily buy rarer armor like Last Samurai for 500g, it'll help give players a better sense of customization, since most run around with high level armor or Orons, leaving the lower levels with a small selection to choose from. This should also include weapon prices like in the ice shop (Killing edges costing over 9K..).
More training spots, definitely. HOP being the only one is usually filled with a high leveled making leveling for lowers (15+ish) and for characters who lack the skills to deal with such a large amount of enemies in the room. Maybe a small room with a few biters or increasing the spawn rate in the Aeven Potion shop basement?.. This one isnt as necessary because honestly its just something id like added because I cant train properly because im too weak. xD But It might just be my personal problem.
I just want to point out I dont mean adding all the items to an NPC, that would make the game too easy.. I just mean lowering the prices on armors NPC already sell to something fairer, and on things like fishing spear to make them easier to aquire.. That and giving them just a basic weapon like a sword and some armor so they dont run around in peasent clothes getting killed by rats.
One edit, Maybe if you can change the stats of weapons to make things other than saw and scav better? Their already pretty much left behind thanks to magic.. Why would you settle with 100 damage when spells can hit over 200-300 in AoE? Not asking to weaken magic, but to help melee catch up. Especially since it doesnt have AoE..
Back to top Go down
Whitewolf
Admin
Whitewolf

Character sheet
Bar:
Starter parks, lower prices, more training spots? Left_bar_bleue1/1Starter parks, lower prices, more training spots? Empty_bar_bleue  (1/1)

Starter parks, lower prices, more training spots? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starter parks, lower prices, more training spots?   Starter parks, lower prices, more training spots? EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 3:19 am

All beginners need to do is read the beginners guide on the website. It tells them exactly how to start. Most players are too lazy to even do it. I think the way everything is set up is perfectly fair considering they can get half the armors in the game for only 500g. Training spots will be taken care of, but current training spots need to have something done to them like a level requirement to get in. I think the way everything is, is perfectly fine. If I make it too easy then there is no challenge, handing everything out to players completely ruins the game. So everything suggested here to change is obsolete. Thanks though.
Back to top Go down
https://endless-origins.forumotion.com

Starter parks, lower prices, more training spots?
Page 1 of 1